Friday, October 12, 2012

Always Bring a Nuke to a Knife Fight

I am a generalist. What that means is I am good at many things. I like many things. I know many things and I always want to learn and do more. My knowledge is wide, but not deep. I do not claim to be a particular expert in any one thing.

That said, the thing I am the BEST at - without a doubt - is bringing a nuke to a knife fight. My husband yells at me about this all the time, but I just can't help it. My mother is like Martha Stewart. My father is a Baptist minister. I am the love child of a rationalistic creative and a new age administrator.

So when I do something, I do something all the way. If I do something, I do it big and correct or I fail spectacularly. Sound awesome? :-)

There are always times when it benefits a person to blow people away. With that in mind, I decided to share some of my successes.

Because of my current bohemian life-style, I will include costs and time involved in my posts. My goal is to share things that are impressively awesome which require little or no cost. The less money spent, the more awesome it is when you do something really interesting. That said, to be impressively awesome does require investment on your part. You will have to invest time if not money (and sometimes both).

The result, I think, will be well worth it.

So, crack open a brewsky, open your mind, and prepare yourself.

It's going to be awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment